Ethan Crumbley, the teenager accused of fatally shooting four students and wounding seven others at a Michigan high school last year, is expected to plead guilty to murder charges next week, prosecutors said Friday.
Crumbley, who was 15 at the time of the shooting, will plead guilty to all 24 counts, including one count of terrorism causing death and four counts of premeditated murder, for killing four students at Oxford High School in November, according to Oakland County Assistant District Attorney David Williams.
“We can confirm that the attacker is expected to plead guilty to all 24 counts, including terrorism, and the prosecutor has notified the victims,” Williams told CNN.
Crumbley, who previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, is expected to change his plea Monday at a hearing in Oakland County Circuit Court, where he will appear in person. Crumbley, now 16, will not receive any settlement as a result of the guilty plea, Williams said.
CNN has contacted Crumbley’s attorneys for comment.
Crumbley’s parents, Jennifer and James Crumbley, were each charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter after their son allegedly opened fire at the high school. Both have pleaded not guilty, and their lawyers have argued in court documents that the charges have no legal justification and that the couple should not be held responsible for the killings of their son.
Michigan prosecutors argued in an August court filing that evidence of Jennifer and James’s personal problems, including an extramarital affair and substance abuse, should be introduced at their trial. Lawyers for the couple have described the request for evidence as “strange”.